Please view our Mortgage acquisition video series below. You will find they offer valuable information so you are prepared when you start the home buying process.
What is IPAC?
Whether you are just doing research, or getting ready to get pre-approval, it’s a good idea to learn as much as you can about the mortgage process before you start your home search. Did you know there are 4 major things we look for when you apply for a mortgage?
The Mortgage Loan Process
Are you getting ready to start the homebuying process? Or maybe you are just curious about how exactly mortgages work. Either way, we are excited you are here to learn more about the mortgage process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the top questions that we get about mortgages. Reach out to us and one of our Mortgage Consultants will be happy to help!
Mortgage Application Checklist
When you are ready to start the home buying process, gathering the paperwork you might need in advance of applying for a mortgage, is a great way to streamline the process.
For your convenience and to help you save time, we have created a Mortgage Application Checklist so you know what items you may be asked to provide when applying for a mortgage loan.
Download it here
How do I know how much house I can afford?
How do I know which type of mortgage is best for me?
What does it mean to be prequalified?
What documentation will I need when I apply for a mortgage?
There are four areas we consider when evaluating your mortgage application: your income, funds you have available for down payment and closing costs, your credit history, and the value and condition of the subject property. Below is an example of items commonly requested during the mortgage application process:
• 4 most recent paystubs
• 2 years W-2’s
• 2 years complete Federal Tax Returns
• 2 months most recent, complete (including all pages) bank statements for all checking/savings accounts
• Sales agreement, if you’re making a purchase mortgage request
• Valid photo identification
Your Mortgage Loan Consultant will review your application to determine if additional documentation is required.
How much cash will I need to purchase a home?
What does my mortgage payment include?
• Principal: Repayment on the amount borrowed
• Interest: Payment to the lender for the amount borrowed
• Taxes & Insurance: Monthly payments are normally made into a special escrow account for items like hazard and/or flood insurance and property taxes. This feature may be optional, in which case the fees may be paid by you directly to the tax collector and insurance company.